Monday, June 15, 2015

With great womanhood comes great conformity, *ahem*, I mean responsibility

Let me first start off by saying, NO, this isn't another one of those articles that rants on about men having life so much easier because us women have to push actual tiny humans out of the same inconvenient (but necessary) monthly bleeding orifice. I swear that feminists are the only group of people that even make that argument and quite frankly, I wish they'd stop, simply because a tiny human coming out of your vagina is freaking awesome. It may be painful but isn't the reward worth it? Past all the screams and agony, you've carried this life for nearly a year and now have finally given birth to it. It's a process to be named nothing less than a miracle. However, it would seem my rather feminine mindset has caused me to digress. Conveniently enough, this very though process of a female brains leads me to my first burden of womanhood.

#1. An emotionally influential logic


Let's face it, we're women and were emotional. I've tried to convince myself many times that although I have a vagina, I don't have all the emotion and drama that comes with it.

WRONG!

I don't care who you are or how much of a bro you claim to be- you're a woman and you have the same disadvantaging emotionally influential logic the rest of us do.

Fight it all you want, but your just postponing an inevitable acceptance. It's best you just save yourself the confusion and acknowledge your estrogen. Oppressing it only multiplies the hormone and there will come a day it refuses to be ignored any longer and in a demand to be noticed, it will release a Pandora's box type of explosion of emotion. Whether it's that sad movie that has you crying while eating Ben and Jerry's or a hostile swarming rampage of PMSing anger, your estrogen will make itself known. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. Which leads me to point two.

#2. We have to learn everything the hard way


We hate taking advice about that bad boy everyone said will only break our heart. We take their bets on how long our relationship will last as motivation to prove them wrong. We're extremely mistaken in thinking that we can change this boy and make him settle down and no matter how many articles we read telling us otherwise, were determined to work "our magic" anyway. Long story short, we find ourselves cocooned in blankets on our couches indulging in huge pints of ice cream and watching our favorite feel good love stories while we restock on hopes that true love in the movies exists in real life.

#3. We set expectations that no man will ever meet. We set the bar too high


We watch movies that portray men simply much greater than they ever will be. Not saying these guys don't exist, because I'm sure they do, but there isn't enough of them for every drooling girl on the face of the earth that wants one. Noah from the notebook for one, has set the bar far too high for men which in itself is ironic, considering Nicholas Sparks (a man himself), created the charmingly perfect character. *insert eye roll here*

#4. Magazines

We irrationally feel bad about ourselves flipping through the glossy pages, forgetting that every single perfectly toned women is also: perfectly photo-shopped.


....to be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment